Pages

17.6.13

Art and craft culture in England...

One of my good customer took me to this fantastic event in the east London on Sunday, Artists At Home. This was an even that artists who work from home opened doors, welcomed people and showed their art, craft and also their houses! There were about 60 houses in the area. It was really wonderful welcoming atmosphere and people.

I was really impressed by this event. People knew about this very well, walked around the town, found houses, met people and bought works. The more I stayed in England, the more I am impressed by those local art and craft activities. People feel and enjoy art and craft on daily basis, nothing special, it is a part of their daily lives, which would be very different from Japanese ones.

I also visited some lovely gardens in their houses...
I love plants, so one day, I would like to have a garden...





The beautiful sky on the way back home...